I have a small number of articles of clothing compared to some people, and a larger amount compared to others, but that’s not what matters. What matters is that the amount that I own serves my needs and feels comfortable– that it contributes to me being able to live my best life, not causing unnecessary stress.
Things I’ve noticed about what works for me:
- I can’t do patterns. My closet is mainly solid, I think I have a couple shirts with some logos which I don’t really like (don’t want to be a walking billboard for a brand), I’m trying to find quality replacements for these at goodwill, and find other uses for these shirts. But mainly I like solid colored clothes because they all go with each other and are easy on the eye, simple to wear.
- My color scheme is made up of blues, greys, whites, greens, browns, maroons. All the colors can compliment one another, so I can literally grab any shirt and it will go with any bottom.
- The level of fanciness is pretty low in my wardrobe, but my lifestyle isn’t very fancy– my wardrobe directly reflects how I live my life. I have a fair amount of outdoor and workout gear, and casual clothes. It would be silly for me to own lots of fancy dresses if my lifestyle doesn’t permit me to wear them.
- I only shop at goodwill, thrift-shops, second-hand, or get hand-me-downs for my new additions to my wardrobe. I have a choice on where my money is spent and what I am contributing to. I chose not to contribute to the fast-fashion industry or animal cruelty by spending my money on used vegan clothing. I also want to say that I do own a couple non-vegan clothing articles that I purchased before I went vegan, just as I own a couple items that were made a huge clothing stores that I bought before I became a minimalist. I will continue to wear these until they are worn through– because I don’t want to be wasteful be discarding a perfectly functioning item. But when they are used through, I will obviously make a different decision when I purchase a new addition to my wardrobe.
- Everything I own I like. My whole closet is a collection of my favorite pieces, so no matter what I wear I am always comfortable and confident.
Some pictures for you. This is all I own (except PJs, workout stuff, underwear and socks ya know and dance stuff, but this is my WARDROBE) sorry this is out of order…
also some outfit inspiration 💓